Charlotte Mensah is an award-winning British-Ghanaian hairstylist and owner of the Hair Lounge salon. She was the first Black woman to be inducted into the British Hairdressing Hall of Fame. Having spent three decades styling the hair of thousands of people, she has now written the first guide to loving and caring for your curls.
GOOD HAIR – is the ultimate guide on how to:
- Identify and understand your curl textures
- Promote hair growth and find good products
- Choose the right protective styles
- Overcome hair loss, itchiness and dryness
- Try styles such as cornrows, locs and bantu knots
- Devise your own tailored haircare routine
Featuring case studies of clients who came to multi award-winning stylist Charlotte Mensah’s salon looking for a ‘hair fix’, and informed by her own story from apprentice to business owner, this book will dispel common myths and give you the knowledge and the tools to attain good hair health.
Packed with expert advice, nourishing recipes and top maintenance tips, Good Hair is a celebration of the unique beauty and history of Black hair.
GOOD HAIR by Charlotte Mensah is published by Penguin Books at £14.99.