Noel Halligan and Corey Taylor, co-owners of NOCO Hair
We’ve all been there at least once in a lifetime – and if you still haven’t found your hairdresser let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to put you in touch with one of our fabulous tried and tested salons!
But what did you do when you weren’t happy? Did you clam up and try to hide the tears or did you brave it and complain? Regardless of the result – whether it was rectified or not, we’re sure you felt a tad uncomfortable.
The team at HAIR thought we’d talk to a hairdresser to get their view and here’s what dynamic duo Noel Halligan and Corey Taylor, co-owners of NOCO Hair came back with:
- BE HONEST! Speak up and let us know what you’re not happy about. It is every hairdresser’s goal to make their guests happy, please don’t put a fake smile on your face then go home and cry!
- BE POLITE! We are all human – sometimes things don’t go to plan or the end result doesn’t turn out quite as you had hoped. It’s much less awkward when you can have a calm conversation and come up with a plan to make a change.
- Whether you’re at the salon or at home when you decide your new look isn’t for you, speak up. Let us know and give us the opportunity to put it right for you. Don’t tell your friends how awful your hairdresser is or leave a bad review. Don’t try to change it at home or go to another salon. Speak up while you’re in the chair, if you don’t feel comfortable speaking to the stylist, you can always ask for the manager.
- If you’ve gone for a big change give yourself time to adjust. Go home and style it yourself. You might love your new cut once you’ve blow-dried it the way you like it.
- The devil’s in the detail. If you are unhappy let us know why. It may feel like a big deal to you but it may be a small tweak to your stylist. Something like re-toning or softening weight lines are really quick ways to completely change a look.
- Don’t feel bad or embarrassed! You won’t offend us or hurt our feelings.
If you are lucky enough to live in the Bristol area – do check the NOCO team out www.nocohair.com @nocohair